Cape, a Brief History
Cape Truck Toppers was founded in 1968 as Capehart Sales Inc. Harold Ludwig (Jim's Dad) returned from a trip to Elkhart Indiana with the idea to get involved in a new industry. That industry was truck toppers. Those first toppers were purchased in Indiana. Cape hauled toppers and parts back to Nebraska on home made trailers pulled by our trusty 460 cu. in. Ford pick-up. Soon Harold decided that Cape employees in Nebraska could build the toppers. In 1969 Cape began assembling aluminum toppers. Today Cape has been in the truck accessory business longer than any company in Nebraska or Iowa.
In 1974 Harold Ludwig retired and sold the business to Jack Ludwig (Jim's brother). In 1984 Jack sold to Jim. At that time the business was still assembly of aluminum toppers and selling of some fiberglass toppers.
In the last 26 years Jim has directed many changes at Cape.
Expansion to the Omaha location 1993.
Expansion to Lincoln 1997.
Addition of the A.R.E. product line, A.R.E. is the premier maker of Fiberglass truck covers.
Cape works to handle a full range of the most popular truck accessories.
Cape will not sell any product that we would not use ourselves.
90-day low price guarantee. Cape will refund the difference in price if an identical product is available, in stock, in our market area for a lower price.
The areas most complete repair and installation facilities.
The most experienced staff in the area.
Addition of many products too numerous to mention, if you want it, let us know.
Cape Truck Toppers Inc. continues to be owned by Jim and Deb Ludwig.
|Cape Truck Accessories|
8320 F Street
Omaha, NE 68127
1210 Cornhusker Hwy.
Lincoln, Nebraska 58521
|Map It To Our Location :.||Map It To Our Location :.|